Monday, March 05, 2007

finished book post 2

I found the book to be an easy read. However, it's hard to explain how I felt about it. I mean, it wasn't overly interesting, but at the same time, wasn't exactly annoying either. Usually, when I'm given a book to read for English, I read it against my own will, but, with this book, that didn't happen. I actually anticipated the next time I was going to pick it up to read it. I think the reason I have no feeling toward the book is because Kincaid herself had no feeling toward it. She wrote it in a very monotone voice so the reader could not feel anything toward her even if they tried. She told the story and her thoughts and that was that. She didn't give that extra something that would encourage the reader to sympathize with what she makes out to be a hard life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home