Monday, March 26, 2007

Class Today

Unfortunately, I need to cancel class today. I plan on being there Wednesday though.

You can have an extension on your papers. I'll collect them as soon as we get back from Spring Break.

For Weds. please finish reading the chapter,"White Tigers," in The Woman Warrior if you haven't already. And develop your own question that you would like to discuss in class on Weds. Post the question to the blog by Tuesday evening. If you are unable to post to the blog, then bring your question to class with you written down.

I think that there is so much going on in these first two chapters of WW that we need to discuss it at length on Wednesday. Try to think metaphorically rather than literally. We can read this text symbolically by asking about the structure of the book and what it means. There is so much in here that is not meant to be taken literally so ask yourself what things might mean on a symbolic or metaphorical level.

See you on Wednesday.
~Erin

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is an extension on the essay, but can I still give it to you today? or would you rather just collect it after spring break? I can email it to you, since I'm not going to class today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home